Elysium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elysium

Here's the forum created for the awesome members of Elysium *_*
 
HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

 

 Our intro Song

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
withasmileandasong
Admin
withasmileandasong


Posts : 157
Join date : 2009-09-01
Age : 36
Location : Valparaiso, IN USA

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 7:59 am

As some of you may know, we have decided to create a unique intro using our voices. It will be short and sweet, and I am not planning on mixing it until Silent Night is up..unless someone else wants to volunteer for that task. Otherwise it will be for the new year. We've had loads of suggestions so far, but we haven't really agreed on anything.

Mikael sent me this...
Parts as woodwinds together-
http://www.4shared.com/file/156421270/fd86bbb7/Elysium.html

Choral sound (probably the sound that we probably want to achieve but on an ooh instead of an ah)-
http://www.4shared.com/file/156421294/64685220/Elysium__choral.html

Alto 2
http://www.4shared.com/file/156421310/aa1e7606/Elysium_Alto_2.html

Alto 1
http://www.4shared.com/file/156421340/d7698243/Elysium_Alto_1.html

Sop 2
http://www.4shared.com/file/156421357/501626a1/Elysium_Sop_2.html

Sop 1
http://www.4shared.com/file/156421374/fb291599/Elysium_Sop_1.html


Do we like this?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thesingingMA
Jekkize

Jekkize


Posts : 75
Join date : 2009-09-15
Age : 35
Location : Indiana

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:18 pm

Sounds pretty good to me ^_^


Last edited by Jekkize on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Jekkize
maryfenja

maryfenja


Posts : 150
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 34
Location : Poland

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:37 pm

I like it a lot. Only one question- should we sing 'ooh' or 'aah'? Cause it makes difference Smile
Back to top Go down
http://maryfenja.deviantart.com
LittlexPixi

LittlexPixi


Posts : 117
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 35
Location : England

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:23 am

[color=indigo]It's very pretty. I don't think it's what I'd prefer as our intro in all honesty though, I think it's TOO pretty if that makes sense? It reminds me of It's A Small World... Or like something off chilren's TV. =s But maybe that's cos we're not singing it yet ^.^ I don't mean to be rude. I love you

When we sing it, how are we supposed to approach it, as there's no room to take a breath Shocked Or are we meant to record it in little bits then mix it?

cat [/color]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LittlexPixi
withasmileandasong
Admin
withasmileandasong


Posts : 157
Join date : 2009-09-01
Age : 36
Location : Valparaiso, IN USA

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:54 am

LittlexPixi wrote:
[color=indigo]It's very pretty. I don't think it's what I'd prefer as our intro in all honesty though, I think it's TOO pretty if that makes sense? It reminds me of It's A Small World... Or like something off chilren's TV. =s But maybe that's cos we're not singing it yet ^.^ I don't mean to be rude. I love you

When we sing it, how are we supposed to approach it, as there's no room to take a breath Shocked Or are we meant to record it in little bits then mix it?

cat [/color]

We're still sorting things out yet, we are just trying to figure out what to do. So, nothing to record quite yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thesingingMA
Jekkize

Jekkize


Posts : 75
Join date : 2009-09-15
Age : 35
Location : Indiana

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:12 am

LittlexPixi wrote:
[color=indigo]It's very pretty. I don't think it's what I'd prefer as our intro in all honesty though, I think it's TOO pretty if that makes sense? It reminds me of It's A Small World... Or like something off chilren's TV. =s But maybe that's cos we're not singing it yet ^.^ I don't mean to be rude. I love you

When we sing it, how are we supposed to approach it, as there's no room to take a breath Shocked Or are we meant to record it in little bits then mix it?

cat [/color]

I think what you mean is too "happy" then right? I too sometimes prefer melodies that are sader, melancholy, or hauntingly beautiful... but thats just a personal preference, the happier pieces can be lovely too. And this little composition by Mikael does sound VERY professional.


I have an idea though....

I was thinking (scary I know... )
Beth said we wanted to have an original intro.... but instead of an original composition could we maybe just re-arrange an existing piece... ?
Because I heard a gorgeous (and short) song called 'Sure on this shining night' and I thought of us.... AND THEN as I was searching for sheet music I realized that the lyrics were taken from a poem called.... 'Description of Elysium'... and though wow....
It must be fate!!!


Here is a link to a solo arrangement of the song...


Sure on this shining night
Of star-made shadows round
Kindness must watch for me
This side the ground

The late year lies down the north,
All is healed, all is health
High summer holds the earth,
Hearts all whole

Sure on this shining night
I weep for wonder
Wandr’ing far alone
Of shadows on the stars.

We could even cut some of it to shorten it more if need be. Maybe just sing the last verse (1:23 on the video) because I like the lyrics there best, that part being the most about "Elysium" - staring up into the night sky at the the heavens in amazement.
And maybe then we could echo certain lines of that last verse or something?

I couldn't find a female choir singing it on youtube but I did find SA sheet music.


here is a link to a short preview of a young boy's choir singing it:
(they sound kinda like girls)
http://www.amazon.com/Sure-on-This-Shining-Night/dp/B000QO4VBY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1259050578&sr=8-1
And to make it original maybe we could work on our own vocal arrangement... maybe something in between the choral and solo arrangement, if you know what I mean kinda more like stella voci with certain lines sung solo.

O_O I didnt mean my post to be sooo long I just kept thinking of things to say though lol
Anyhow just an idea...


Last edited by Jekkize on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Jekkize
withasmileandasong
Admin
withasmileandasong


Posts : 157
Join date : 2009-09-01
Age : 36
Location : Valparaiso, IN USA

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:00 am

If we choose to do something different...

Here are my thoughts....

The first verse/movement in this song (sung on Ah with humming)


Lately, I have been rather obsessed with 'the sound of silence' as sung by All Angels


Those are my personal favs for things already written
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thesingingMA
Jekkize

Jekkize


Posts : 75
Join date : 2009-09-15
Age : 35
Location : Indiana

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:10 am

withasmileandasong wrote:
If we choose to do something different...

Here are my thoughts....

The first verse/movement in this song (sung on Ah with humming)
Lately, I have been rather obsessed with 'the sound of silence' as sung by All Angels

Those are my personal favs for things already written


Don't you just LOVE everything by All Angels?! I think its so sad they dont have sheets for any of their songs.
I would have to say though that for an intro piece the enya song would probably work better as the sound of silence is more like a 'pop' cover type thing, Plus I want to do the WHOLE song if we can figure out their arrangement! XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Jekkize
withasmileandasong
Admin
withasmileandasong


Posts : 157
Join date : 2009-09-01
Age : 36
Location : Valparaiso, IN USA

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:23 am

Jekkize wrote:
withasmileandasong wrote:
If we choose to do something different...

Here are my thoughts....

The first verse/movement in this song (sung on Ah with humming)
Lately, I have been rather obsessed with 'the sound of silence' as sung by All Angels

Those are my personal favs for things already written


Don't you just LOVE everything by All Angels?! I think its so sad they dont have sheets for any of their songs.
I would have to say though that for an intro piece the enya song would probably work better as the sound of silence is more like a 'pop' cover type thing, Plus I want to do the WHOLE song if we can figure out their arrangement! XD

Chyree said could figure it out if she has time. She is awesome like that. I am kind of obsessed with them all of the sudden. Their music is so what I wanted us to sound like!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thesingingMA
Jekkize

Jekkize


Posts : 75
Join date : 2009-09-15
Age : 35
Location : Indiana

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:31 am

withasmileandasong wrote:
Jekkize wrote:
withasmileandasong wrote:
If we choose to do something different...

Here are my thoughts....

The first verse/movement in this song (sung on Ah with humming)
Lately, I have been rather obsessed with 'the sound of silence' as sung by All Angels

Those are my personal favs for things already written


Don't you just LOVE everything by All Angels?! I think its so sad they dont have sheets for any of their songs.
I would have to say though that for an intro piece the enya song would probably work better as the sound of silence is more like a 'pop' cover type thing, Plus I want to do the WHOLE song if we can figure out their arrangement! XD

Chyree said could figure it out if she has time. She is awesome like that. I am kind of obsessed with them all of the sudden. Their music is so what I wanted us to sound like!

Oh my goodness that would be so awesome! I would love love love Chyree forever id she could do that!!
I really would LOVE to cover their song!! and it is mostly accappella so we dont even need to worry about an instrumental!
AND the original being a popular song already the video would probably get a lot more views! just an added bonus to covering famous songs. =D
*is excited!*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Jekkize
maryfenja

maryfenja


Posts : 150
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 34
Location : Poland

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:46 pm

This Enya's song is very beautiful- if we want to make an intro from it, it would be great for me.
Chyree is great- I'm so happy that she's in Elysium... cheers I love you I love you Her harmonies are just amazing... Talented girl Smile
"All Angels"- I remember that the first song I've heard, was "The Scientist" and I fell in love with it. And now I heard "Angels" and "Songbird" and I'm obsessed with it too xD
Back to top Go down
http://maryfenja.deviantart.com
LittlexPixi

LittlexPixi


Posts : 117
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 35
Location : England

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:47 pm

Oh, I agree that Mikael's intro is beautiful and very professional, I most definately couldn't do anything even close to this! But yes, I do think it's a little bit too 'happy'... As Jessica said, it's down to personal taste and I'm totally happy to sing what ever Very Happy

I have All Angel's album. It's just lovely, I've been a fan for years! The Scientist is still my favourite though. I think if we did that as a full song, people would love it!

As for an intro, I really don't know. I just think something quite calming and simple, but with some element of detail would be best. Something that reflects our personal sound. Which I think so far is quite haunting and beautiful.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LittlexPixi
Belovedstar18

Belovedstar18


Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 36
Location : California, USA

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:44 pm

Thanks guys :-D

I definitely don't mind figuring out the notes for whatever songs you would like (as long as it's not too complex for me to hear). Just let me know what is decided. ^_^

I think Mikael's intro is lovely, but I also am not sure if it is right for Elysium. Then again, I have no better alternative, hahaha. I really don't mind what we do, anything is fine with me :-)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BelovedStar18
withasmileandasong
Admin
withasmileandasong


Posts : 157
Join date : 2009-09-01
Age : 36
Location : Valparaiso, IN USA

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:26 pm

Belovedstar18 wrote:
Thanks guys :-D

I definitely don't mind figuring out the notes for whatever songs you would like (as long as it's not too complex for me to hear). Just let me know what is decided. ^_^

I think Mikael's intro is lovely, but I also am not sure if it is right for Elysium. Then again, I have no better alternative, hahaha. I really don't mind what we do, anything is fine with me :-)

That's why are you are awesome Chyree! Smile

What do you think of the Enya song?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thesingingMA
Belovedstar18

Belovedstar18


Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 36
Location : California, USA

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:45 pm

withasmileandasong wrote:
Belovedstar18 wrote:
Thanks guys :-D

I definitely don't mind figuring out the notes for whatever songs you would like (as long as it's not too complex for me to hear). Just let me know what is decided. ^_^

I think Mikael's intro is lovely, but I also am not sure if it is right for Elysium. Then again, I have no better alternative, hahaha. I really don't mind what we do, anything is fine with me :-)

That's why are you are awesome Chyree! Smile

What do you think of the Enya song?

I think the song is lovely, I've always loved it. Would we be singing unison for it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BelovedStar18
withasmileandasong
Admin
withasmileandasong


Posts : 157
Join date : 2009-09-01
Age : 36
Location : Valparaiso, IN USA

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:03 am

Belovedstar18 wrote:
withasmileandasong wrote:
Belovedstar18 wrote:
Thanks guys :-D

I definitely don't mind figuring out the notes for whatever songs you would like (as long as it's not too complex for me to hear). Just let me know what is decided. ^_^

I think Mikael's intro is lovely, but I also am not sure if it is right for Elysium. Then again, I have no better alternative, hahaha. I really don't mind what we do, anything is fine with me :-)

That's why are you are awesome Chyree! Smile

What do you think of the Enya song?

I think the song is lovely, I've always loved it. Would we be singing unison for it?

If it is possible we could try and add a few harmonies here and there if they wrok or are able to be added. I just e-mailed you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thesingingMA
maryfenja

maryfenja


Posts : 150
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 34
Location : Poland

Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Hey, I know it's been a long time since we thought about intro, but I think, that this is a good idea to make one. Something original, which will show our voices together Smile
Back to top Go down
http://maryfenja.deviantart.com
Sponsored content





Our intro Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our intro Song   Our intro Song I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Our intro Song
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Many others
» Ideas for our new song!
» Song/Video Discussion
» Winter/Christmas Song Ideas

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elysium :: Projects :: Intro-
Jump to: